Direct Strike has built up a wealth of experience designing, supplying, installing and commissioning Earthing Systems, whether part of the lightning protection system or Generator, LV, HV or Substation earthing.
Earthing systems play a vital role in a coordinated lightning and surge protection and is responsible for safely dissipating the lightning currents to ground. We use a wide range of materials in numerous configurations to achieve the required resistance level as set out in BSEN 62305: 2011 and BS7430.
Direct Strike can:
• Design earthing systems for any application in compliance with EN 50122-1
• Carry out Soil Resistivity testing and associated earthing studies using CDEGS software
• Install Low & High voltage earth farms.
• Install Generator Earths
• Provide advice on the best materials to use in existing ground conditions.
• Provide installations that comply with EN50122-1, BSEN 62305 and BS7430
Types of earthing arrangements commonly used are:
• Copper-bond earth electrodes
• Copper lattice earth mats
• Copper ring tapes
• Soil enhancement agents
• Deep driven bore holes
• Provide Earthing Designs to EN 50122-1